Confluence mobile for server expired sessions

lenorb October 4, 2019

Hello,

i am running confluence server 6.5.19 and the mobile app on iOS will ask me every week or so to login again due to the session having expired.

how can I login with the app and keep me logged in for longer?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2019

Hello Lenorb,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community to see if there is a way to adjust your Confluence mobile apps session timeout period. There are a couple of factors at play for this, and while there might be methods to adjust the timeout window, they’re typically bad practices from a security standpoint as the longer your session takes to expire, the more at risk you security stance becomes. Ideally, you’ll want to use a Sign Sign-On method to allow for easier authentication into your applications. This would allow you to authenticate to a single source from there authenticate out to all of your applications from a single portal.

Further information on SSO configurations may be found at Server: SSO and SAML support and Single Sign-on Integration with Atlassian products.

Additionally, there is a Community post which covers this similar topic which I would suggest reviewing as they do an excellent job explaining certain risks to increasing the session timeout: Increase session timeout for the new app "Confluence Server"

I hope this information proves helpful and you’re able to ease your access into the applications in the future.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

lenorb October 7, 2019

Thank you for your answer.

So I guess it means that the mobile app does not store any credentials to re-authenticate and follows the session timeout as if it was a web browser.

Can you elaborate on how an SSO can help authenticate the Confluence mobile App?

I don't have issues with a browser on a computer or device as my password manager allows me to login again without much of a hassle. It's more that I expect mobile apps to remain authenticated, or to re-auth themselves.

I guess my question is more a feature request to the mobile app devs then, to allow the app to remain authenticated or to re-auth when the session has expired.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events