Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence fails to start after upgrade

Hanwi April 19, 2022

Hi!

We just upgraded Confluence  from 7.4 to 7.13.1 and receiving error below when starting confluence.

Really need some help here!

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

@Hanwi Are you using MS SQL server?

Hanwi April 19, 2022

Yes

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

@Hanwi This is usually caused on MS SQL due to a lack of permissions on the account being used by Confluence to access the DB.  

Check and make sure that the account has the proper permissions.  Here is a guide you can follow: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-sql-server-9258.html

A quick check individuals do is to set the db-user as a sysadmin for the whole SQL Server.  If it starts then you know it is a permission issue.  Then you can remove sysadmin and follow the steps above to ensure proper permissions are in place.

Hanwi April 19, 2022

I just tried that and it did not help

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

Does the startup page load with errors on it?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

I think I found the issue, took a little digging.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-66547

Hanwi April 19, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events