Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Confluence fails to start after upgrade

Edited

Hi!

We just upgraded Confluence  from 7.4 to 7.13.1 and receiving error below when starting confluence.

Really need some help here!

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 19, 2022

@Hanwi Are you using MS SQL server?

@Hanwi This is usually caused on MS SQL due to a lack of permissions on the account being used by Confluence to access the DB.  

Check and make sure that the account has the proper permissions.  Here is a guide you can follow: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-sql-server-9258.html

A quick check individuals do is to set the db-user as a sysadmin for the whole SQL Server.  If it starts then you know it is a permission issue.  Then you can remove sysadmin and follow the steps above to ensure proper permissions are in place.

I just tried that and it did not help

Does the startup page load with errors on it?

I think I found the issue, took a little digging.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-66547

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

733 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you