Confluence asks for Login if page not found

If an invalid page link to my Confleucne instance is selected, the user will be asked to Login instead of being re-directed to the Page Not Found page where other page suggestions are provided. I am running the Confluence instance with Anonymous access so this is not the desired behaviour.

Is there any way to keep it from re-dircting to the login page if a page is not found?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jesse,

I've just tested with a 5.5.3 and it worked for me. While logged out, I went to a page that didn't exist and confluence just presented me with a page not found.

Can you confirm that confluence is not behind some proxy that might be redirecting it to the main page?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo, I am running 5.5.2. Was there a bug fix in 5.5.3 that fixed this?

Confluence is not behind any proxy. The behavior for me is while logged out, I try to navigate to a page that does not exist in a space that does not exist. I get the login page. Once I login, I then get the Page Not Found with suggestions.

Hi Jesse,

I've installed the 5.5.2 and it also worked for me.

Not sure why the instance is redirecting to the login page. Are you able to test with a confluence from scratch and check if the behavior persists?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

599 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you