Confluence asks for Login if page not found

Jesse Miller July 2, 2014

If an invalid page link to my Confleucne instance is selected, the user will be asked to Login instead of being re-directed to the Page Not Found page where other page suggestions are provided. I am running the Confluence instance with Anonymous access so this is not the desired behaviour.

Is there any way to keep it from re-dircting to the login page if a page is not found?

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2014

Hi Jesse,

I've just tested with a 5.5.3 and it worked for me. While logged out, I went to a page that didn't exist and confluence just presented me with a page not found.

Can you confirm that confluence is not behind some proxy that might be redirecting it to the main page?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Jesse Miller July 4, 2014

Hi Rodrigo, I am running 5.5.2. Was there a bug fix in 5.5.3 that fixed this?

Confluence is not behind any proxy. The behavior for me is while logged out, I try to navigate to a page that does not exist in a space that does not exist. I get the login page. Once I login, I then get the Page Not Found with suggestions.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2014

Hi Jesse,

I've installed the 5.5.2 and it also worked for me.

Not sure why the instance is redirecting to the login page. Are you able to test with a confluence from scratch and check if the behavior persists?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events