Confluence and HTML

I'm trying to paste the Jira release notes in HTML format into Confluence but it just goes in as plain text with all the html formatting commands showing up.

I have seen other posts thatsay to install the Confluence HTML plugin which I have but again if I just edit a confluence page and paste the HTML of the release note directly in it shows exactly the same.

Any suggestions what i'm doing wrong, this should be quite simple I would have thought?

2 answers

1 accepted

Wrap it under {tml} tag. You will have enable the module under Administration > Pluginss> Confluence HTML Plugin

Jobin means {html} tag and that works with either the Confluence HTML macro (security exposure) or HTML plugin (same security exposure unless you use Confluence Macro Security Plugin).

Thanks got it working now, the other thing to probably add that was not obvious to me is that this still does not work in a normal confluence page unless you do it as wiki markup.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

634 views 21 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you