Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence and HTML

Mark Stocker December 15, 2011

I'm trying to paste the Jira release notes in HTML format into Confluence but it just goes in as plain text with all the html formatting commands showing up.

I have seen other posts thatsay to install the Confluence HTML plugin which I have but again if I just edit a confluence page and paste the HTML of the release note directly in it shows exactly the same.

Any suggestions what i'm doing wrong, this should be quite simple I would have thought?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2011
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2011

Wrap it under {tml} tag. You will have enable the module under Administration > Pluginss> Confluence HTML Plugin

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2011

Jobin means {html} tag and that works with either the Confluence HTML macro (security exposure) or HTML plugin (same security exposure unless you use Confluence Macro Security Plugin).

0 votes
Mark Stocker December 15, 2011

Thanks got it working now, the other thing to probably add that was not obvious to me is that this still does not work in a normal confluence page unless you do it as wiki markup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events