Confluence: after import from a backup no login possible.

Juergen Philipp July 30, 2014

Hi,

we did a new installation of Confluence, everything running OK.
Afterwards import a backup from the existing Confluence (which has a connection to the AD for logins). Now no login are possible. Always get "Username and Password are incorrect". With the old User/PW, which I used for installation as well as well as for the ones which are used in the actual Confluence - via AD.

Any idea how that could be solved?

many thanks in advance

Juergen

2 answers

0 votes
Juergen Philipp July 30, 2014

Sorry to say - no :-(

Could it be that the problem is related to the database? As evaluation is using HSQL and the import is using MYSQL?
As I couldn't find the entries from a.m. instructions point 2 for HSQL.
Furthermore if I'm doing changes there, like descriped there, I get error-page with "Referer URL not found" and several Java-errors :-(

Seems I have no chance to get a copy of my existing Confluence running on another PC :-( as I'mn fighting with this now since several days.

Any other idea :-)

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2014

Hello Juergen, there is a chance that Confluence is reading from previous app configurations as per imported data. In order to regain access you can perform the needed changes through the database, as outlined in the "Restoring Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights" doc which can be accessed here.

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events