Confluence Update E-Mails

Lloyd Kinsella October 9, 2011

How do I turn off update e-mails globally? Currently we get e-mail alerts whenver anything changes in the wiki.

Now I know I can alter settings to some extent per user, but I'd like to just switch the whole thing off, only

I can't find where?

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2011

To prevent emails from being sent altogether, you could just remove any configured mail server. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Server+for+Outgoing+Mail

Lloyd Kinsella October 10, 2011

I had thought about that BUT I don't think that's a solution, won't it also stop things like "Forgot Password" from also working?

0 votes
Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2011

Interesting, I was trying to find the same thing over the weekend (without success). My need was testing for a confluence upgrade, where the production configuration/data was moved to a test machine - i wanted to be sure that no email notifcations were sent to end users during testing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events