Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Setup

Naohiro Kumamoto September 11, 2013

Hi,

I am new to setting up of Confluence. For a team of 10 people we planned to setup free trial and then buy it.

I downloaded `Download You Host`atlassian-confluence-5.2.4-x32 software and installed it.Does it include Apache, DB along with the package or should i install it separately.

How do i host to the team so that they can access it ?

Please explain me.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

It includes Tomcat and Java. There is a HSQLDB which we do not recommend for Production use. The default port for Confluence is 8090 (usually it is mentioned during installation), you can try to access yourself via localhost:8090 on the machine hosting Confluence. The team can access Confluence via IP address of the machine and port.

Check out the Setup Guide and User Guide for Confluence.

0 votes
Naohiro Kumamoto September 17, 2013

thank you ...

0 votes
Naohiro Kumamoto September 17, 2013

thank you so much..it works fine now..

i have a question regarding apache ... as my pc is the hostsystem..if i shut down my PC the apache would not run... how to make it run always so that my team can access it any time...

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

You computer needs to be up the service to be up. You'll need to have something running 24/7 in that case. A server would be a good idea. If not, best to go with OnDemand or another provider that hosts Confluence for you to remove the hassles.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

As mentioned above, the default web address should be http://localhost:8090

Check your server.xml file to see if the port address is definately set to this, check in windows services that the Confluence service is started (running)

If there is still nothing happening, check the log files in the logs directory in case there are any messages about the initial configuration.

0 votes
Naohiro Kumamoto September 11, 2013

thank you the reply..i installed the software in windows and started through Start Menu, but the web page is not displayed ... I am getting error message page cannot be displayed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events