It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Server Mobile App Search within documents Edited

The search results we are seeing in the Confluence Server mobile app on iOS is inconsistent with the desktop browser search. The search functionality on the mobile app appears to only show page title and label matches whereas the desktop browser search is more comprehensive including content within PDFs, Word Docs. Is there anyway we can configure the mobile search to be similar to the desktop search experience?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Sam,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I see that you were able to raise a ticket with our support team as well, and I wanted to share that answer here so it can help other users.

The behavior you're observing is how the Confluence search is configured on mobile by default. See Confluence Mobile - Searching for content and people for more information on that.

Due to performance concerns, the full search functionality is not enabled in the mobile versions of your site (including both mobile view and the mobile app). You will need to access your site using the desktop site in order to use the full search functionality, including attachment search.

There is no way to enable the full search on mobile by default. We do have a feature request logged for this below, which you can vote on and watch for updates. By voting on a request, you can help to increase the impact and visibility of the feature request according to our Implementation of New Features Policy.

• CONFSERVER-58547 Improve the search feature of the Confluence Mobile App in iOS and Android to include searching through attachment content.

I hope that was clear but do let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

302 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you