Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence SSO via MS Forefront TMG

Mario Manzano December 15, 2011

Is it possible to provide single sign on to Confluence using Microsoft Forefront TMG (Threat Management Gateway)?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Hey there,

You mentioned Microsoft Forefront and, as fas as I know, this softeware is Microsoft's Proxy/Firewall. As I'm not aware of any SSO feature of this product, I believe you are trying to set Confluence for Integrated Windows Authentication. Is that right?

In case yes, I know two different methods to achieve this:

I hope this helps.

Cheers

3 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Hello There,

Being honest with you, in a first moment this is not possible. But to have a better idea about your scenario and to try to find an alternative, could you please explain a little more to us about this integration? And did you try to use Crowd and Confluence for SSO or do you need to involve the Microsoft Forefront TMG?

Kind Regards,

LJ.

0 votes
Mario Manzano May 6, 2013

Many thanks to T C and L J for your answers. It is been a while since I posted the question Dec 15, 2011.

Anyway, MS Forefront TMG cannot won't be able to provide easily the SSO to Confluence. It can but with a lot of customisations to be done. However, the MS Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) does it! Cheers, guys!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events