Confluence Page Version Management

Hsu Yao Chang September 20, 2014

Hello, 

I use Confluence for Version 4.3.3 . But I can not management the page version when I installed the plugin of attachment version control. Is it possible to manage the page_version of page. Thanks

p2.JPG

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2014

I'm sorry, the question is not clear to me.  What addon are you using, and what do you mean by "manage page version"?  What are you expecting to see on this page and what is missing?

Hsu Yao Chang September 20, 2014

I use the plugin of Attachment Tools Plugin.
After installed the plugin,it will shown below of User-installed Plugins.
I can setup the maximum prior versions or maximum days old,but it doesn't work.Thank you

pluging2.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2014

Ah, I see, this one: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.drunkendev.confluence.plugins.attachment-tools-plugin After you configured this, have you left it to process? The job that removes older version runs at midnight (by default - you can change the time), and you need to let that run before you will see the versions being purged.

Brett Ryan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

This is correct and I apologies for the very late response. There is also a report mode option which is on by default that if enabled will not actually perform the deletions. This is intended to help the administrator tweak the settings before enabling the plugin to delete the actual revisions.

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 16, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - what plugin does that URL refer to?  The link dead-ends, unfortunately.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

An old dead one I believe - I think the vendor dropped off the marketplace a couple of years ago.

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 16, 2020

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- !

0 votes
Hsu Yao Chang September 21, 2014

I don't know the reason why? I have choose the right plugin to install.After installed the plugin, I run the job manually.But when I set the maximum is equal 2, it still shown all version .Is there any setting I ignored? Thanks.

purge.JPG

Brett Ryan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

As suggested in @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] it looks like it had not actually run. The first column should represent the last time the plugin ran, the second the last time it ran. You can hit the "Run" link from this screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events