Confluence Page Properties Report Macro Problems

Jeff Lapsley February 26, 2019

Good morning community,

We are running Confluence 6.11.2, though there are plans to upgrade to current soon.

Existing page properties and page properties reports macros are working fine. However, no new ones actually get added from the edit screen. You can hit the PREVIEW and see what it should look like, but you do not get the actual object embedded into the document when you hit INSERT. Just blank nothing.

Any ideas on what to look at? We restarted Confluence and the server without an effect on this issue.

Thanks!

Jeff

2 answers

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Strange that you're seeing that 500 error when attempting to insert the page properties macro. There are a couple of known bugs that may be related:

Are you using a properties ID? About how many pages are you expecting to be returned from the report? Also, does this happen on every page?

– Zak

Jeff Lapsley March 6, 2019

Zak,

Thank you for the reply.

We are not using the properties ID, just the label on the "front" page to direct to the correct page.

This happens to ALL new Macros; those already in place continue to work. It happens regardless of how much data there would be.

For example, this is what it looks like in the PREVIEW when trying to add the macro-

confluence_macro.PNGAs you can see, there is not too much data, and the PREVIEW shows it correctly. As soon as I try to INSERT it, literally nothing happens. There should be the gray box showing a piece of the macro code as a place holder, but NOTHING happens except the window closing.

I was thinking it was possibly a java issue, but I am not sure how to even investigate it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeff

0 votes
Jeff Lapsley February 27, 2019

This error is showing in the Chrome log when trying to insert the Page Properties Report Macro-

confluence_error.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events