Confluence PDF Export: How to fit bigger Tables on standard page size?

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2012

Hello,

we've several nice looking tables in confluence. When they display inside confluence, with a whatever algorithmen the size of each column is determined automatically to fit nicely on the screen.

But when I use PDF-Export have of the table is cut out.

After reading this:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Advanced+PDF+Export+Customisations

and this:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF

I manged to put the paper export size to "landscape" and make it twice as large as normal:

@page  
{  
/*A4-sized pages in landscape orientation are 297 mm wide by 210 mm long*/  
size: 500mm 210mm;  
} 

This way the complete table is on the exported file.

But what commands have I to put in there to make the table "fit" to normal paper size (like it is done when displaying on the screen)?

Thanks in advance for any hint,

Bye

Sven

3 answers

0 votes
salvatore November 5, 2015

I wonder whether the pdf converter I am testing these days can help with the pdf exporting work as well? Any suggetsion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------

Related: convert pdf

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hi,

there is not a single command to make a table fit your paper size.

If you set the table width to 100% it should automatically fit. But if the table contains lots of columns with lots of text the given width of the page might not be enough.

In this case you can just try to play around with what is inside the table and do things like reduzing the font size, assure that long words breaks or change the overflow property.

0 votes
zhou si January 13, 2013

I found that the English long test in the table can be recognize correctly, but the Chinese can not.

Is there any advise to fix it? My confluence is 3.4.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events