Confluence - Link to an image attached to another page

Michael Green September 25, 2018

How do I include an image attached to one Confluence page another another ?  i.e. embedeed image in-line from another page ?

'Insert Files and Images' will let me insert an image from another page BUT IT IS NOT LINKED !!!! i.e. it creates a copy when its inserted

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi @Michael Green

if you insert an image with 'Insert Files and Images' and choose one from another page there won't be a copy created. (Have a look at the attachments of the side you are working on)

-> To get a link on this image, click on image and insert the link manually to the page. I don't think that's gonna work automatically.

sara_oconnell December 21, 2021

Yes, you can insert an image from another page, and I see it does not attach a new file, but once it has been inserted, I don't see a simple way to determine where that original image lives.  For example, if i see an image that needs to be updated, I don't see how to find the original image on the original page. 

Any suggestions, @Fabienne Gerhard ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events