Confluence License Issues

Cory Timm September 5, 2022

Hello, I am trying to reinstall my local (non-cloud) Confluence server however I keep getting errors about my license being invalid.  My support license expired in early 2021 but I was still under the impression that I could use the software.  I've tried installing the most recent version (7.19.1) as well as the version that was the most current when I purchased my license in April of 2020 but neither have worked.  Is there something I'm missing or am I out of luck using the non-cloud version now that it is no longer supported?

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Cory Timm ,

Welcome to the community !!

1. If you are upgrading your old confluence instance with a expired license, then it will not work. You need a renewed license to upgrade confluence.
  2. If its a fresh install, make sure you deleted all the previous contents from your local machine including DB and do a new install. You can make use of evaluation license.

Good to know:

• If you have not yet purchased a Confluence license you'll be able to create an evaluation license during setup.
  • If you already have a license key you'll be prompted to log in to my.atlassian.com to retrieve it, or you can enter the key manually during setup. This works only if you have a valid license.
  • Self-managed Data Center products can be trialed for 30 days before purchase
  • Atlassian has ended sales for new server licenses and will end support for server on February 2, 2024. Atlassian is continuing our investment in Data Center

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events