Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - HTTP Error when uploading file

Ricky LaFleur October 28, 2019

So, I created a page on Confluence and attached some files to it (.mp4 and pdf). Used some macros, and it all looks pretty good. Howewer, I was going to add a video file to it and its returing HTTP Error. I checked most of the articles and comuitiy answers but nothing seems to be working. Here is what I did:

- Increased Attachment Size from 100MB to 200MB and increased No. of attached files (No Changes).

- Checked server storage and realised I had about 2GB storage space on Win Server so added more there, rebooted it (No Changes)

- Tried adding video from different accounts and machines (Same Outcome)

- Name of the file Im trying to upload does not contain spaces and pescial characters.

Can someone shed some light? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Did you check your log files ?

Looks like you are on server version - check the error log messages while you see the errors at front end.

Ricky LaFleur October 29, 2019

Hi, @Vickey Palzor Lepcha 

Here is the log:

[2019-10-28 06:56:22,348] 2019-10-28T05:56:22.348Z Component 'Operating System' alerted 'Low free disk space' (details: {"directory":"C:\\Program Files\\Atlassian\\Application Data\\Confluence","freeInMegabytes":4509,"totalInMegabytes":40457,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}, trigger: {"pluginKey": "not-detected"})

[2019-10-28 06:56:22,348] 2019-10-28T05:56:22.348Z Component 'Operating System' alerted 'Low free disk space' (details: {"directory":"C:\\Program Files\\Atlassian\\Application Data\\Confluence\\shared-home","freeInMegabytes":4509,"totalInMegabytes":40457,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}, trigger: {"pluginKey": "not-detected"})

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Looking at error message - looks like a space issue to me .

Where did you exactly make additional disk spaces addition ? Hope it's where it's needed.

Ricky LaFleur October 29, 2019

Thanks for your help Vickey.

Machine have one partition C: and I've allocated additional 20 GB. 40GB to 60GB of storage space. 

The log above is acutally the one after allocating extra space. This is what puzzles me - "totalInMegabytes":40457

I acutally have 27GB of free space now.

Did disc scan and, as always, rebooted. 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

Hey can you check the error when you try to upload the video file ?

Can you recreate the task and error ?

I feel like your problem is not related to this error.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

And confirming that your data/attachment is not configured to be stored elsewhere right ?

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

Also , is the upload automated ? if yes have you give all permissions to the id to perform upload in the required space/page 

Ricky LaFleur October 31, 2019

Turned out it was Request Filtering on service.

maxAllowedContentLength by default is 28.6MB

Select it on the IIS service, Edit Feature Settings and just add an extra 0 and it will raise it to 286MB.

filtering request.png 

Confluence on WINDOWS Server 2016 Standard

Like Vickey Palzor Lepcha likes this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2019

Thanks - something for us too to learn .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events