Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Enterprise SSO with Keycloak app

Deleted user April 21, 2022

Hello :)

I am trying to find this application: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217717/confluence-enterprise-sso-with-keycloak?tab=support&hosting=server on my confluence installation, but it doesn't show up. When I check the version, it seems that the app only supports up to v7.16.3, but we are running v7.17.1 - perhaps that is why it doesn't show up.

I presume it would still work to install this manually, though I would prefer not to do that. Is it possible to know when this app will be updated to work with the current version?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

This is the updated KB on the same.

May I know have you followed this doc to integrate Confluence with Keycloak

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-integrate-keycloak-with-atlassian-saml-sso-2-0-1047551527.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Hi @Pramodh M 

When following that guide, it shows menu options that we do not have. Therefore I started searching for an application for the integration... Which then came up with the link that I posted. However, this doesn't show up when I search for it within Confluence, which I suspect is for the version reason that I said...

Regards,

Andrew

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

@[deleted] 

Yes, it is because of the versions difference.

Could you try checking the similar options or try contacting support from keycloak if you are referring to that tool

Or if it's confluence you would need SSO for Data center app installed to configure the options

If it's not available in confluence, you would need to decide on using any plugin that integrates custom SAML 2.0 SSO provider

Let me know if you are interested in testing plugins for custom saml sso

Thanks,

Pramodh

That's what I thought, thanks. Is there a way to know if the app will be updated soon? I couldn't find a way to contact developers.

We want to integrate Keycloak authentication SSO into Confluence, ideally without using a paid application. We have SSO for Data Center app installed, but this seemingly only offers options for Atlassian Crowd integration.

Regards,

Andrew

Ashwini_More _miniOrange April 21, 2022

Hi Andrew,

You can also evaluate the miniOrange Confluence OIDC/OAuth SSO app for the OIDC /OAuth SSO requirements. It has support for version 7.17.1 of confluence as you need. You will be able to add integration easily with the support of detailed documentation and video.

You can reach out to the team for free setup and demo via the helpdesk.

PS: I work for miniOrange, a Gold Marketplace vendor at Atlassian Marketplace.

Thanks,
Ashwini

Allan Ross October 8, 2023

So once again, the Atlassian solution is to offer an included tool that does not work and recommend a paid 3rd party add-on? 

Disappointing. 

Again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events