Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Edit page - macros display strange characters

Jan Solca November 21, 2017

When editing a confluence page I have the following strange behavior

This space used to make the screenshots is a standard confluence space created optionally when user logs in the first time.

Confluence version is 6.5 

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 09.50.27.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-21 at 09.50.36.png

- the published page is ok the icons revert to the ' normal' as shown in the next figure. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 18.42.44.png

I tried several browsers and two DB, postgresql and mysql both with UTF8 encoding, but same results. 

Any help would be appreciated    

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi there,

As you may already know the encoding of UTF-8 has to be set at the database level, the table level, and the column level. If these are not set then you can run into encoding issues.

To begin troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend going over Troubleshooting Character Encodings first to ensure there’s anything else that may not be configured properly.

Please let us know the results of this test.

Thank you and kind regards,

Shannon

Jan Solca November 27, 2017

Hi Shannon

Thanks for your answer but actually this workaround  Confluence UI shows garbled or corrupt text on CAPTCHA, macros and/or diagrams due to missing fonts is solving my issues since this had more to do with missing fonts as with encoding since the encoding was correctly set on DB. 

Many thanks anyway 

Kind regards 

Jan

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for letting me know, Jan!

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events