Confluence Attachment limit

Hsu Yao Chang September 10, 2015

Dear sir, 

Is there any limit for confluence attachment, such type, size...etc? What is  the max size of attachment ? Is there any successful confluence example for company use ? Thank you.

(Just collect the information ) 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2015

You can limit the size of an individual attachment in Admin -> Attachments.  The default is 10Mb per file.  There's no real maximum size though, and no limit to the number - you are limited purely by your storage in theory (Cloud has a 25 Gb limit by the way)

However, as it's not designed as a large file store, you will find that larger attachments will fail to upload or download correctly.  I usually recommend leaving the 10Mb limit in place, and if you do decide to go higher, never over 100Mb.

Hsu Yao Chang September 10, 2015

Is there attachment timeout limit, such as how long of uploading attachment? Thank you.

(Server response time )

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2015

There's nothing coded into the software, no. But it's not built for massive uploads and downloads, so anything on your network that interrupts the flow will break it, and there's no recovery mechanism beyond "try again".

Helen Shaw May 3, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Do you have any updates to your recommendations above? I see the default attachment size is now 100MB and the storage limit for Confluence Cloud is 250GB. I'm wondering if you still recommend using the default value and if you have a suggested maximum. Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2019

Yes, I still recommend the default limit.  Cloud has really removed the concern about total space, but the "not a file store" and "struggle to upload/download really big files" things still apply

Like Helen Shaw likes this
1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

The defaut size is 10MB. You can configure it though. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-attachment-size-150040.html

Most file types are supported.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events