Confluence - After failed upgrade how can I preserve my data if I do a full reinstall?

petritis September 20, 2017

I was trying to upgrade from a trial, to a 10 user license.

I exported my data and have the zip file of it, and copied that to another machine.

The upgrade nearly worked, I put in the license and it went off for a while then failed with some i18n error like this:

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed;

I am stuck at this point.

1) I am wondering if I can/should uninstall confluence and reinstall it.

2) If I do should my backup file be sufficient to get my data back?

3) If I uninstall it will my license still work?

4) If I wipe it completely will my license work to install it again

I figure if I can get it going somehow, I can recover my data using the backup zip that I have.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Your backup .zip file should be fine for restoring everything, every time.

You can uninstall and reinstall and do whatever you need to get it all working.  Your backup file should always be able to provide your data for import and your licence doesn't care what installations you are doing, all it does is say "this confluence I am in is licenced for X users until date Y"

petritis September 26, 2017

Followup, I eventually used the backup zip and it worked for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events