Confluence - After failed upgrade how can I preserve my data if I do a full reinstall?

I was trying to upgrade from a trial, to a 10 user license.

I exported my data and have the zip file of it, and copied that to another machine.

The upgrade nearly worked, I put in the license and it went off for a while then failed with some i18n error like this:

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed;

I am stuck at this point.

1) I am wondering if I can/should uninstall confluence and reinstall it.

2) If I do should my backup file be sufficient to get my data back?

3) If I uninstall it will my license still work?

4) If I wipe it completely will my license work to install it again

I figure if I can get it going somehow, I can recover my data using the backup zip that I have.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Your backup .zip file should be fine for restoring everything, every time.

You can uninstall and reinstall and do whatever you need to get it all working.  Your backup file should always be able to provide your data for import and your licence doesn't care what installations you are doing, all it does is say "this confluence I am in is licenced for X users until date Y"

Followup, I eventually used the backup zip and it worked for me.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

248 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you