Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Administrative questions

Iuliana Burgi Jurj January 10, 2018

Hello,

As we are starting to use Confluence seriously in our company, our Security team is rating the tool.

They asked some questions and I could check them on my own, but I would rather ask you as I want the answers to be correct 100 %.

1. Where is the tenant located ? Is it Europe or the States ?

2. Can I find somewhere the general terms and conditions of Confluence usage ? I tried finding them on my own, but was unable to find them.

3. Do you have some policies in terms of cookies usage ?

4. Do you have some specific guidelines for passwords once the users have connected for the first time and they need to change it ?

Thank you in advance for helping me out with this questions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Iuliana,

Are you referring to Confluence Cloud or Server?

If Cloud, a lot of your answers you will be able to find from our Cloud Security Statement and Customer Agreement.

1. Our data centers are located in geographically diverse locations across the United States and the European Union.

2. Service Specific Agreements - terms and conditions are on the above customer agreement and this one.

3. What sort of policies in terms of Cookies usage are you looking for exactly?
  4. Atlassian Cloud Password Policies

Let us know if you needed the information for another service or have any questions.

Regards,
Shannon

Iuliana Burgi Jurj January 10, 2018

Hello,

I am referring to Confluence server.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Iuliana,

As you would be hosting Confluence yourself, then the location of your instance depends on where you decide to host it.

The terms and conditioned I mentioned above still apply:

Cookies usage also depends on you or your server and company.

Lastly, the password for users will be whatever you set them to, or whatever the user decides to set them to when you send them the invite.

There's no built-in password policy in Confluence server, and this may depend on your company's policies, but you could enforce using LDAP or some other external method:

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events