Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 5, link to a specific PDF page of an attachment from another space

Laurent Bazinet September 18, 2013

Hi,

I would like to know how to create a link to a specific page of a PDF from another space (makes me smile to write this).

I found how to link to an attachment; but can't seem to figure out how to access another page/space. If I link to the PDF with the "#page" command, it won't open to the proper page...

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

Highlight the text you want to be a link anc click the insert link button int the toolbar. Then use the search option and search for the attachment you want to link to. Make sure the dropdown says "All Spaces".

Laurent Bazinet September 18, 2013

Thank you Davin

It wasn't working when I tried but I guess when the indexer got through, it was able to be found.....

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

If you just uploaded the PDF then it will take a while. The indexer can take a few minutes to get the recently uploaded attachments.

Laurent Bazinet October 8, 2013

This is still partly answered. I still can't access a specific page from the PDF.

Like GennadyNK likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

Ah, linking to a specific page. Didn't see that part in the original question. That part unfortunately is not possible.

Like GennadyNK likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events