Confluence 5, link to a specific PDF page of an attachment from another space

Hi,

I would like to know how to create a link to a specific page of a PDF from another space (makes me smile to write this).

I found how to link to an attachment; but can't seem to figure out how to access another page/space. If I link to the PDF with the "#page" command, it won't open to the proper page...

Thanks

1 answer

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 18, 2013

Highlight the text you want to be a link anc click the insert link button int the toolbar. Then use the search option and search for the attachment you want to link to. Make sure the dropdown says "All Spaces".

Thank you Davin

It wasn't working when I tried but I guess when the indexer got through, it was able to be found.....

Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 18, 2013

If you just uploaded the PDF then it will take a while. The indexer can take a few minutes to get the recently uploaded attachments.

This is still partly answered. I still can't access a specific page from the PDF.

Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 08, 2013

Ah, linking to a specific page. Didn't see that part in the original question. That part unfortunately is not possible.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,829 views 27 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you