Confluence 5.9 "Create" Button: Can it reference a template instead of blank page?

image2016-5-26 9:30:9.png

Hi there,

Can I force this "Create" button to create based off of a global template, instead of creating a blank page?

In 5.8 I had promoted a page template in each space, so when users clicked Create, they were likely to choose that template. I lose that ability with the new Create function.

1 answer

Hi Paul, 

We love our Confluence templates, and think they're really handy, but we also know that many pages start out blank. To save you time when creating blank pages, we're taking the process from 3 steps down to 1 with our new 'quick create' option. Instead of a single create button in the header, you'll now see two options: Create (blank page) and Create from template.

Page templates and other content types are still easy to get to – just choose the Create from template  option in the header.

Click here to see the complete Confluence 5.9 Release Notes.

Best Regards, Damien.

Yes, but can I change the default behavior of that "Create" button to create a page based off of a template?

I don't really know... Probably looking at system options.. Can't help you more, I'm sorry smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

989 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you