Confluence 5.9 "Create" Button: Can it reference a template instead of blank page?

Paul LaBarbera Jr. May 26, 2016

image2016-5-26 9:30:9.png

Hi there,

Can I force this "Create" button to create based off of a global template, instead of creating a blank page?

In 5.8 I had promoted a page template in each space, so when users clicked Create, they were likely to choose that template. I lose that ability with the new Create function.

1 answer

1 vote
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hi Paul, 

We love our Confluence templates, and think they're really handy, but we also know that many pages start out blank. To save you time when creating blank pages, we're taking the process from 3 steps down to 1 with our new 'quick create' option. Instead of a single create button in the header, you'll now see two options: Create (blank page) and Create from template.

Page templates and other content types are still easy to get to – just choose the Create from template  option in the header.

Click here to see the complete Confluence 5.9 Release Notes.

Best Regards, Damien.

Paul LaBarbera Jr. May 26, 2016

Yes, but can I change the default behavior of that "Create" button to create a page based off of a template?

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

I don't really know... Probably looking at system options.. Can't help you more, I'm sorry smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events