Confluence 5.9 on SQL Server 2008?

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Hi,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html states 5.9 is not compatible / not tested with SQL Server 2008. I appreciate that we certainly should update SQL Server, but is there a way it can work? 

I searched https://jira.atlassian.com/issues?jql=text ~ "\"sql server 2008\"" and project = CONF order by createdDate desc but saw no logic as to why it's been dropped.

Thanks,

Martin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2015

Hey Martin,

Currently, this SQL Server version is not supported as you just noticed, however, you can install a staging environment and monitor it. 

You shouldn't have problems with it, and also, let me give an example right now:

I installed Confluence 5.9.1 in PostGreSQL 8.4 without major problems, and as you can check in that documentation, this version doesn't support postgresql 8.4, but if you face any kind of problems with your database and Confluence, we'll ask you to upgrade the database to a supported one so we could further help you.

Hope this will help you, buddy.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Thanks Guilherme!

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2015

Generally if a DB vendor doesn't support a version of their DB, then other companies won't support that version for their own products such as Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events