Confluence 5.10. - disable new dashboard

We need to update to Confluence 5.10. but we MUST disable the new dashboard for all users without giving the option to switch to the new dashboard.

Can this be done?

If so.... how?

Thank you

Bernd

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Bernd,

Per How to re-enable the new dashboard, there's a dark feature called simple.dashboard.disabled. When a user logs into 5.10 for the first time, they are presented with a button at the bottom that says Give me the old dashboard. When they click that, it adds that dark feature to their user specifically at the URL <base_url>/users/darkfeatures.action.

However, I've checked, and you can add the same line to the site-wide dark feature, causing the old dashboard to be set for all users by default, without giving them the option to choose the new dashboard.

So:

1. Go to <base_url>/users/darkfeatures.action
  2. At the top, under Global Dark Features click Change next to These dark features are enabled for the entire site.
  3. Enter your sysadmin password.
  4. At the bottom now, there will be a message under Site Dark Features that says Enable dark feature. In that field, paste this: simple.dashboard.disabled and submit.
  5. Now, you can navigate back to your dashboard and you will see it is automatically set to the old dashboard.

Something to keep in mind; Confluence 5.10 will reach End of Life in June and will no longer be supported. As of Confluence 6.0, the new dashboard is the norm, and it will not be possible to disable the new dashboard.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,146 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you