Confluence 4 and inability to edit links in IE8

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Have others encountered this problem. I can't believe that Atlassian doesn't have someone addressing it. This is a major flaw with a supported browser.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26375

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

The Answers robot keeps prompting me to accept an answer to this question! No one has answered. Really, I guess the answer is that no one at Atlassian cares.

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

I am amazed that Atlassian does not consider it important enough to assign someone to the issue referenced above. Come on! I'm left to conclude that what is claimed to be a supported browser is actually NOT supported.

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2012

Hi Kevin,

I understand this is highly affecting the usage of Confluence for you. So from a quick look of it, since the link is no longer editable via UI, can you try editing it via database?

You may be able to change the link text via the BODY_CONTENT table by creating an UPDATE statement. Just be sure to create a backup prior to changing anything. Does that makes sense?

Cheers

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2012

Though I might do a data base edit in an extreme case, I can't imagine my users who want to refuse to use Confluence because of this flaw.

Still, this case has no one assigned to it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events