Confleunce Default Personal Space Content Update

Assaad Abou-Rached August 22, 2022

Hi everyone,

I have setup the Default Personal Space Content to have specific macros. Whenever a new user gets created, an ACLI command runs automatically to create a personal space for the user. The personal space content is the content of Default Personal Space Content that I configured earlier.

The thing is, whenever I update the Default Personal Space Content, it does not reflect on my users - they will have to delete their personal spaces and recreate new ones manually for the update to reflect.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this? Or are there other ways where we can have a shared template for all users?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Assaad Abou-Rached 

I hope I understand your wish correctly. So, you want to have a template and whenever you change the template, all the already created personal spaces should update?

In short: This is not possible and also in my opinion not convenient. 

The created personal space could be edited as well with other content. Therefore you can't change / override these pages afterwards.

Regards, Dominic

Assaad Abou-Rached August 24, 2022

Hello Dominic

Thanks for your reply!

I found a workaround for my case. I used the "Include Page" macro in the blueprint template, and included and needed page. Now my updates reflect on all users.

Thanks again!

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

This is genius! :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events