Confiforms: get rid of empty lines in email

Mark Borland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

Hello everyone, @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

I've configured 'IFTTT Integration Rules’ Macro to send an email on created record. And I put all of the fields inside a macro with 'Hide if empty' parameter.

The thing is that not all fields may be filled at the time of submission and I don't know which set of fields will have values. So I had to put all the fields (ConfiForms Field macros) inside IFTTT rule starting on a new line each. This causes me to get a few blank lines in the sent email, depending on which fields are empty in this particular record.

I understand that ConfiForms itself works correctly at this point and sends exactly the content that I put inside a macro. However I'm wondering if you have some ideas how to get rid of these empty lines in emails when fields have 'Hide if empty' parameter and don't have values.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Mark Borland 

On server/data center you can use the ConfiForms IFMatches macro to show/hide blocks of text/fields based on the data stored. in the form (defining condition)

another option would be to use, for example a CardView filtered with id:[entry.id] 

And leave it empty, so only the fields with values will be shown

Alex

Mark Borland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

I wrapped every field in the IFMatches macro with a separate condition for each field and set 'Display inline' mode for each macro.
And it works perfectly now! Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events