Confiforms: Excel/CSV export

Franz Kircher November 30, 2021

Hi

I have a little problem where someone can probably help me.
I want to export the records of a confiforms form to Excel/CSV. The export is activated in the form and in the table view I want to export.
The Export button shows me 5 possibilities to export the data (CSV, XLS, JSON, XML and RAW), but klicking on them does nothing, only RAW works (giving me a file I have to transform and reformat before I can use it).

Did someone encounter a similar problem? How can I make the Excel and/or the CSV export work?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Franz Kircher ,

If you use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app along with the ConfiForms app, you may try to export the data from your ConfiForms tables using our macros - seems that the CSV export will suit your case.

Franz Kircher November 30, 2021

That works perfectly, thanks a lot.

2 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

I am glad guys you have created a new macro, but adding the same comment in every other question in the community is not a very good idea in my humble opinion.

Especially if it does not really answers the question asked by a topic starter

0 votes
David August 25, 2023

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ,

I'd like to jump in here with a question of my own if that's ok.

I use ConfiForms with the table filter and have a need to export the data collected.

I have limited the view to 500 rows per page and the export to xls only exports what the user views (in this case page 1 of x: the first 500 rows only)  and not the entire data set. 

I'm still on Server 7.4.14 with ConfiForms 3.5.8. We will soon migrate to Data Center. Has this issue been solved in DC?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2023

Hi @David 

This is how the export works - you export what you see.

There is "nothing to solve", as there is no issues with that and is by design

You can have own exports crafted to your needs as explained here https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Data+Export+tricks+and+hints

Alex

David August 25, 2023

Thanks for the quick reply! I really appreciate it.

As much as I understand your explanation, to me this does not make any sense.

I don't understand why you would limit the export to the current view and not provide an "export all data" option. 

To me this should be the default behavior. Either all in one sheet or subsequent pages into different sheets.

Best,

David

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2023

Well, we seems to have different opinions on this. But we see this much more confusing then you see one thing but get something else in the export 

Alex

Like David likes this
David August 25, 2023

I understand your point and it makes sense.

Could the option to "export current view" and "export all data" be considered?

I'm happy to make a Jira request if needed.

David

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2023

This option will be available in the upcoming ConfiForms update (version 3.5.9)

David August 28, 2023

Fantastic news!

Many thanks for the quick turnaround. Now that's what we call excellent support!

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2021

Hi

Hard to tell. Could you open the support ticket with us, so we can have a look?

(we have had one regression some time ago about the export links, but that was fixed in 2.19.1, introduced in 2.19...)

Alex

Sam January 3, 2023

Hi

i have the same problem. did you solved the issue?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2023

What problem do you have? Export from ConfiForms does not work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events