Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent updates to documents

Suresh Jaladurgam February 19, 2019

Hello:

We use Confluence to collaborate and update spreadsheets with information. Most times multiple users make concurrent updates and I am not sure if Confluence has a concept of "Checking out" documents , similar to SharePoint. 

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Suresh

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Suresh,

This isn't yet a feature for editing documents within Confluence, which I assume you are using Companion App to do. Note that older versions of Confluence did not yet have Companion App.

I created a feature request for this

Please vote on the request that applies to your instance (either Server or Cloud) and watch it for any updates in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suresh Jaladurgam February 21, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the response. This feature will be very useful as we are trying to use Confluence on few select projects to replace SharePoint.

I might be wrong but at one point, I did receive the warning message. 

Thanks,

Suresh

Suresh Jaladurgam July 24, 2019

@Shannon S  Hi Shannon - Do you have an update on this feature? Thanks.

Suresh

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hello Suresh!

Both feature requests are currently still pending. You can vote on them and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers. You can then receive any updates going forward. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Shannon

Tammy Harvey January 5, 2023

@Shannon S  is the request still pending or has this feature been added?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2023

Hi Tammy,

According to the Jira tickets, the Data Center case has been implemented, and the Cloud is still Gathering Interest. You can see the current status in the top right-hand corner:

• CONFCLOUD-65595 Implement concurrent editing of documents using Companion App

Please make sure to click Start watching this issue if you want to receive updates about it going forward.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events