Compatability level when upgrading to Microsoft SQL 2017

Tom Birch Hansen August 6, 2019

We are running Confluence 6.15.2

We are now in the process up upgrading our MS sql server from 2012 to 2017.

What compatability level should we set the confluence database to when upgrading?

Currently it is set to level 100.

Regards

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting us about this. You will want to be on level 110 or higher, per the following:

I would recommend comparing the Supported Platforms page to this. SQL 2012 is the lowest supported version, which applies to 110.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

Regards,

Shannon

Tom Birch Hansen August 8, 2019

Dear Shannon

Thank you for the reply. However I am still not sure what compatability level you recomment for Confluence. Can we safely set compatability level to 140 (sql 2017) without any issues with confluence?

Or could we run into performance issues as mentioned in the first link you provided regarding the cardinal estimator when setting compatability level higher than 110?

Regards 

Tom

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hello Tom,

As I recommended, you will want to be on level 110 or higher. This should not cause any performance issues. Since 140 is SQL 2017, this one would also be fine to use.

I hope that's clear but do let me know if you have any further concerns about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Tom Birch Hansen August 9, 2019

OK thanks. We will go for 140

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2019

You're welcome, Tom!

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events