Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart from Table filtering

Manouil Gioulountas January 4, 2023

I am using a chart from table macro to present my table data visually. My table has some merged cells.

The issue is that when the user clicks on items in the chart that represent data from the singular rows, the (what should be) joint content from the merged cells is not shown in the filtered source table results.

It is hard to explain in words.

Examples:

image.pngimage.png

Is this a known issue and is there a workaround to fix it? T

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Manouil Gioulountas ,

As for now, it's expected behavior for the macro. But we've created a ticket for our roadmap and linked your question to it. Once the feature is implemented, we'll notify you here.

Meanwhile, you may use the following workaround: reuse your merged table if required with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and place the Table Transformer macro before the Chart from Table macro,

Don't change the default SQL query inside the Table Transformer macro. The macro will help you to get rid of merged cells automatically and the filtration within the Chart from Table macro will be done as expected.

Manouil Gioulountas January 4, 2023

Thank you for you prompt reply. I will eagerly await a fix.

Sadly, workaround will not work for me as the merged data is extensive. Though I may use this trick for quick unmerging of large tables.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

Hi @Manouil Gioulountas ,

The fix for the issue has been just released.

For Server/Data Center you need to upgrade to the 9.6.2 version, for Cloud the updates will be pushed automatically but it may take 1-2 days to reach all the instances.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events