Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing domain name on confluence download

Fajar Suryawan April 11, 2013

How do I change the domain URL for our self-hosted confluence instance?

current: something.myroot.com

future: newone.myroot.com

Will licensing be an issue? Will internal links inside confluence be intact (I expect so)?

What is the best practice in doing this renaming?

Thanks

Fajar

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hi Fajar,

I believe you need to change it from your Domain settings to make sure it's pointed to your Confluence server IP address. In the licensing part, there won't be a problem, however for usagewise you need to change the Server Base URL from Confluence Admin >> General Configuration, so that it could work properly.

Hope it helps.

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

not sure how to read "need to change it from your Domain settings" - you are talking about DNS settings, most likely...

0 votes
Fajar Suryawan April 23, 2013

Thank you guys!

As for the link, just to be sure, I think I'll use a global redirect, similar to this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4005774/htaccess-changing-the-domain-name

@Septa: matur nuwun mas. Kapan ke Indo lagi? Aku kirim pesan ke inbox fB njenengan.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

Sorry mate, I haven't receive your message on FB. R u sure it is the correct account :P?

Ndak onok rencana muleh deket2 ini, sek kerasanan soalnya.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2013

Halo Fajar,

Links inside the Confluence will be affected if they are stored as a full path URL such as:

something.myroot.com/display/<SPACEID>/pagename

However, if it is stored as page link as describe on this documentation the URL change won't affect as this link is tied to your server base URL.

Nek kurang jelas, takon ae mas monggo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events