Change default search settings

Andrey Permyakov July 8, 2020

How can i chanche deafault settings for search panel?

I would like the default search to be by all types and not just by page content.

Is it possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Craig Senior June 9, 2023

We have a similar use case in that we want to exclude certain pages from the default Search, we assumed by implementing a label "nosearch". Unfortunately, we cannot modify the default search to exclude objects (pages) with that label. Being able to modify the default search seems like an obvious, desirable capability.

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 28, 2021

Hi Andrey,

Unfortunately I only saw your entry now. Perhaps you are interested in a real enterprise search solution for Confluence. 

iFinder Confluence Search is available at Atlassian Marketplace and you can start directly with a trial.

Our article in the Atlassian community will give you more information. If you like a demo first, please contact us at atlassian@intrafind.com

Best regards

Robby

Craig Senior June 9, 2023

Robby, Does iFinder enable one to modify the default search?

Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2023

Hi @Andrey Permyakov 

No, iFinder did not influence the confluence own search. iFinder comes with his own AI based Enterprise Search engine and will coexist to the confluence own search.

Best,

Robby

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

@Andrey Permyakov 

You cannot change the default values in the standard search field in the confluence header.
However, you can work with the lifesearch macro if necessary.
There you can define the default values.

lifesearch_macro.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events