Centrify SSO itegration leading to a null pointer exception

Martin Keferboeck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2017

Hi, I´m trying to get Centrify SSO integrated in confluence (newest version), but I´m getting this error message when reaching confluence after the SSO redirect:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.centrify.cloud.saas.SamlResponseValidatorBase.extractAttributeValues(SamlResponseValidatorBase.java:139)

I´ve already been in contact with Centrify, from their side everything looks correct and should work.

we´ve also got it running with Jira without any issues.

Any ideas?

I´m doing the integration as described here:

2 answers

0 votes
nickgamb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2017

Hello Martin,

We have not heard of any other customers running into the issue that you have described.  We want to insure that we track this issue and replicate it. It could be an issue in our plugin and, as Nic said, it could be something returned from Atlassian that we did not expect. If we can replicate it, and it is an issue on our end, we can fix it. If it is an Atlassian issue, we can work with them to resolve it. 

I have notified one of our support back line engineers so that he can reach out to you and gather all of the relevant information pertaining to the issue. He will then ensure that our engineers look into it and keep you updated. If you would prefer to reach out, you can contact support@centrify.com.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

The error message you have given us points to a bug or problem in the Centrify code.

There's not a lot we can do here, other than ask them to explain it.

Martin Keferboeck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 18, 2017

thanks for your fast response Nic, I´ll recheck with them, but would still be interesting to know if this happens to others as well

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

It would be useful to find out if others have this problem.  As a developer, it is often useful to have many bug reports from users in different situations.

I've also re-read that answer and I want to add that the problem may well not be Centrify.  The error is happening in their code, which suggests a bug in there, but it might be because Atlassian's code has handed them garbage.  We can't get anywhere without Centrify explaining why their code has failed, but the error does not rule out Atlassian's code being the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events