Cannot make any changes in edit mode

Andy Marshall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2019

I've had a few problems where I create or edit a page and all edit controls are grayed out and I can't make any changes.

This is currently happening when I go to create a page from the Meeting Notes template. The page is created fine, I just can't make any change.

If I close, then the page remains as an unpublished page. If I try to publish, I get "There was an error processing the request.".

A colleague of mine can perform this action without issue in the same space.

1 answer

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2019

Hi @Andy Marshall ,

We all must have faced it at some point while working with Confluence. It might sound silly but we tend to try some weird/random solutions and surprisingly they work. Try doing one of the following and I hope it works:

• Switch to a different browser to see if it works.
  • When you see controls greyed out, do you also see any error on the top right corner - something went wrong sorta? If so, just close/go back and re-open the page to see if it works.
  • Create a new page and see if you can edit.
  • Cut and paste the content in the same page and see if you can publish as expected without seeing the error you mentioned. Also, refer to this article.
  • Check if you have create/edit permissions in the SPACE, not just the page. If you can see create and edit options, looks like you have the required permissions. Contact your Space admin to set Space Tools > Permissions > Edit Permissions, also Page:Add rights to true, and click Save.

Let us know if one of these has done the job for you.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events