Cannot get Office Word Macro to work on Confluence page - error rendering - unrecognized date string

I am using the Office Word Macro on a confluence page but my document is not appearing. I am getting the error message: "Error rendering macro 'viewdoc': Unrecognized date string, please use mm/dd/yyyy"

I am not entering a date string of any kind so I can't figure out this error message. BTW, this macro worked with the previous iteration of this word document. But I edited it to add some requirements text and now the macro no longer works. Thanks for your help!

1 answer

Hi Julie,

You might want to create a support ticket so we can help dig into this problem a bit more. If you wish visit https://support.atlassian.com and create a support request.

For quick troubleshooting here, have you tried with another document of the same type? If you copy/paste the data in the doc to a new doc and save it, will that work on the page? Next, if you save the document in another format (.docx/.doc) does that work? What version of office are you using?

Yes, I have tried with another document of the type .docx. I also saved my Word document as a .doc file and got the same error. The ONLY way I got it to go away is by reverting to an old version of the page. The document was still the updated document even with the old page and displayed properly - no rendering error. So it is not the document, it is the page. The page is very basic - a panel with some text then an attached Word document then the embedded Word macro. I have no idea what caused the error. But I started having it on other pages now. I am afraid to update my Word documents since it doesn't show up until I update the Word document. The page remains the same - at least visually - but there must be something hidden on the page that goes away when I revert to an older version. Does this help you to diagnose it? Could you at least look in the code and see in what circumstance this error is generated? In other words, what "date string" it is referring to? Thanks for your help.

I do believe a Support Ticket has been opened for this issue: CSP-11305

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,481 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you