Cannot export / backup or create support logs

Clint Pollock September 25, 2017

When I try to create the Support Logs it tries for a second, then says Null.

I am trying to create a backup so I can preform an upgrade, but I am getting an error while upgrading.

Here is the start of the log for that error. I tried turning off backup attachments but had no luck. 

Thanks,

The following error(s) occurred:

• com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Couldn't write the exportDescriptor file at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.writeBackupDescriptor(AbstractXmlExporter.java:123) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.doExport(AbstractXmlExporter.java:88) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.doExportInternal(FileXmlExporter.java:59) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.doExport(FileXmlExporter.java:53) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.DefaultImportExportManager.doExport(DefaultImportExportManager.java:225) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.DefaultImportExportManager.exportAs(DefaultImportExportManager.java:191) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvoc

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Clint,

Can you confirm the disk has enough space and permissions to write? By Create Support Logs do you mean create a Support Zip?

You can follow the steps at Troubleshooting Failed XML Backups, specifically under To Identify And Correct The Problem to help get more logs on the situation. You will want to specifically find anything in your logs under ERROR and Caused by in order to narrow down the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events