Cannot edit link to new attachments while in the same editor session

Diane Sexton May 8, 2012

The user has noticed that they cannot edit a link to a new attachment multiple times within the same edit session.

Steps to reproduce:

1. open a page

2. edit the page

3. Enter some text and then link the text to an attachment. In my case, I upload the attachment at this point. Do not click in the list of attachments, just click Save.

4. Return to editor : the text appears linked.

5. Click the linked (underlined) text

6. The Go to Link / Edit / Unlink popup does not appear.

If you save the page and then open editor again, the popup appears just fine.

If you Edit from the popup, then upload and link to a new attachment, without clicking in the list of attachments, steps 4-6 occur just the same (no popup)

If you Edit from the popup, then select a different attachment from the existing list (i.e. don't upload a new attachment), the popup does still appear at Step 6.

If you Edit from the popup, then upload a new attachment, then click in the list to select a different attachment, then select the new attachment, steps 4-6 occur just the same (no popup).

If you Edit from the popup, then upload a new attachment, then click in the list to select a different attachment, the popup does still appear at Step 6.

It looks like something to do with new attachments in the same editor session.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diane Sexton May 10, 2012

The Atlassian support team has identified it as a bug, though it's possible that it was introduced as a result of design (as per Josh's comment).

See CONF-25452

0 votes
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Hi Diane,
I would think that relates to the "save-state" of the editing session. There are other macros, that do not work correctly with "new pages", when you call the "preview" function. They only work after you saved the page and re-edit it.

So it sounds more like a feature "by design" than a bug.

Regards, Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events