Cannot able to comment on pages/blogs, Comment section is behaving unstable.

Harsh H January 11, 2021

I'm unable to comment on some of the pages/blogs. I could able to comment When I refresh the page one or two times.After clicking on comments section, Text area is not expanding. It would be in collapsed mode. 

Below is the screenshot of collapsed text area, where I'm not able to enter text.

comments-section-issue.PNGNote : I have checked It's not comments permission access issue.

1 answer

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Which browser are you using?  I've found that the Microsoft browsers have more problems with such things than do others, and Atlassian is not supporting IE anymore anyhow.

Mozilla Firefox and Chrome are both usually pretty good.

Try a different browser to see if that fixes it.  If it doesn't, let's cross that bridge when you come to it.

Harsh H January 12, 2021

Hi @WW , 
Thank you for replying, we are using Chrome browser. 

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hmm, did you try a different browser to see if it behaves the same way?

Harsh H January 13, 2021

Hi @WW , Yes I tried in Mozilla Firefox, It works fine. 
Most of the users of our application are using Chrome,
How can we make it to work in Chrome ? 
Thank you so much :)

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2021

Ah, so it's a browser issue.  I don't think there's much you can do about that. :(

What happens if you try to type in the comment?  I know you said it doesn't expand whenever you click on it, but what about typing?

Harsh H January 13, 2021

Yeah I could able to type and save it. Text area expands properly in Mozilla browser.
It also works in Chrome when I refresh the page repeatedly(3/4 times). this behavior is unstable in Chrome browser. Sometimes it works and sometime doesn't In Chrome browser.

Any suggestion is really appreciated. 

Thank You :)

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2021

I had meant, are you able to type in the comment in Chrome when it looks squished up like in the image you posted?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events