Can you use confluence 4.2 with PostgreSQL 9.1

We are upgrading our boxes to PostgreSQL 9.1 from version 8.4. The documentation lists support for postgresql 9.0, but not version 9.1. For other Atlassian products the documentation indicates if newer versions are supported (e.g. on the bamboo documentation it lists support for "8.2+").

Will Confluence 4.2 work with PostgreSQL 9.1?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Jim,

As mentioned, currently Confluence only support PostGreSQL 9.0. Please understand that even though we do not support 9.1 yet, that does not mean that it won't work, it just means that we have not tested our product against it yet, hence we are unable to support it yet.

Anyway, I found an improvement request in regards to this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25354

We highly recommend you to vote on it to raise the popularrity of the request, watch it so that you would be updated on it and please feel free to address your concern directly on it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Thanks Septa. I'll vote up that issue you mention, and if we end up upgrading I'll be happy to provide datapoints.

Hi Jim, I found this documentation about the Supported Platforms for Confluence 4.2

Edit:

Altought it doesn't say anything about the 9.0 version, here says that yes it is:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.2+Release+Notes#Confluence42ReleaseNotes-Infrastructurechanges

Thanks Ramiro - yes, I saw that only 9.0 is listed in the docs. I suppose my question is really "will it work" vs. "is it officially" supported (though I care about that, too, so thanks). Let me know if I should phrase my question better.

Oops sorry, that happens when someone doesn't read completely the question. Lesson learned ;)

Answer edited.

I erased the other question answer too, because it was the same...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

377 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you