Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use confluence 4.2 with PostgreSQL 9.1

Jim d May 10, 2012

We are upgrading our boxes to PostgreSQL 9.1 from version 8.4. The documentation lists support for postgresql 9.0, but not version 9.1. For other Atlassian products the documentation indicates if newer versions are supported (e.g. on the bamboo documentation it lists support for "8.2+").

Will Confluence 4.2 work with PostgreSQL 9.1?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2012

Hi Jim,

As mentioned, currently Confluence only support PostGreSQL 9.0. Please understand that even though we do not support 9.1 yet, that does not mean that it won't work, it just means that we have not tested our product against it yet, hence we are unable to support it yet.

Anyway, I found an improvement request in regards to this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25354

We highly recommend you to vote on it to raise the popularrity of the request, watch it so that you would be updated on it and please feel free to address your concern directly on it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Jim d May 11, 2012

Thanks Septa. I'll vote up that issue you mention, and if we end up upgrading I'll be happy to provide datapoints.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Hi Jim, I found this documentation about the Supported Platforms for Confluence 4.2

Edit:

Altought it doesn't say anything about the 9.0 version, here says that yes it is:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.2+Release+Notes#Confluence42ReleaseNotes-Infrastructurechanges

Jim d May 10, 2012

Thanks Ramiro - yes, I saw that only 9.0 is listed in the docs. I suppose my question is really "will it work" vs. "is it officially" supported (though I care about that, too, so thanks). Let me know if I should phrase my question better.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012

Oops sorry, that happens when someone doesn't read completely the question. Lesson learned ;)

Answer edited.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012

I erased the other question answer too, because it was the same...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events