Can you use an auto-numbered list inthe first column of a table?

Joseph Bach October 25, 2018

I want to use a multi-column table to list items and need the first column to be auto-numbered. Especially as how new rows will be added between existing rows.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

Hi Joseph,

when you create a table in a Confluence page, there is an option to automatically add a auto-numbered column.

Check:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/tables-136463.html

Best

JP

Joseph Bach October 25, 2018

Thank you. It works.

Had trouble finding this icon as it looks like this on our system:

number icon.png

The auto-number is the third icon in. Really looks like it is for numbering, doesn't it.

Like # people like this
Igor Baltiyskiy April 3, 2020

Thanks @Joseph Bach , if it weren't for you I wouldn't find this in my Confluence!

Like # people like this
Yanina January 12, 2022

Very helpful, thank you! 

1 vote
Victoria Barrett July 28, 2022

This doesn't seem to exist anymore in the cloud version - anyone know how to add the numbered column using the cloud configuration? 

Piotr Janik July 28, 2022

You need to click anywhere in the table, then use the Table options pop-up (pop-under?):

numbered column.PNG

Like # people like this
Victoria Barrett August 3, 2022

Thanks Piotr! It seems to be working on the new pages created but not the ones converted from our old version for some reason.

We can work with this though - so long as we can create them on the new pages, they already exist on most of the older pages.  

navin.singh March 30, 2023

I am using the cloud version and would like to do the automatic numbering where there are merged cells in some of the rows.
Is that possible?
capture1.PNG

andres.mafla July 13, 2023

Same issue here.

Andrey February 5, 2024

same here - i want the 3rd row to be #1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events