Can you link multiple spaces to a Jira project in Confluence (Data Center)?

Andre Wiggins July 14, 2020

I have a team that wants to create multiple spaces in Confluence that are linked to a single project.

My company has Jira (Data Center) and Confluence (Data Center)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Hi Andre,

The sort answer is yes. A team can have multiple confluence spaces that can access the same JIRA project-Confluence mostly talks to JIRA through filters so as long as the filter pulls from that same project the various spaces can "share the data".  

Andre Wiggins July 14, 2020

Thanks. I'm assuming those filters will need to be configured to access the project manually by the user or admin. It will not be "automatic" as it is for the software project space that is linked to the project. If I'm missing something please let me know.

Jessica Silvani December 16, 2022

Hi @Carla Ann Rowland! Similar question, is the reverse also true: can I have one Confluence space that two Jira projects map to? 

Like jay likes this
Mariana Figueiredo February 22, 2023

hi @Jessica Silvani , have you find out the answer for your question? I'm wondering the same thing.. if I can link several JIRA projects to one space in Confluence... 

Like jay likes this
1 vote
Rebecca Hopper August 17, 2023

From Confluence, navigate to the Space you want to share with a Jira Software Project.  Go to Space Settings, Integrations, Application Links tab.  Click the plus sign next to "Add Link" and search for your Jira Project by its key. 

You can have multiple projects linked, but only one can be the primary.

You can also link multiple Confluence Spaces to the same Jira Project in this manner.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events