Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a new space from an existing page?

Charlie Bay April 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Move and Reorder Pages

I have a lot of content that is under a parent page that I want to move up to a top-level space. 

Rather than create a new space and back-fill it, is there a way to simply move the content from under its' current space to a new top level space?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

There is a manual procedure whereby you would create a new space, then move the page that you would like to be the homepage of that new space, tell the space to use that moved page as the home page, then you can move all the children pages to be children of that new homepage.

0 votes
Victor Aye Chan August 2, 2019

I'm reviving a old thread as I am also attempting to create a new space from a huge page with many child pages.

Can it be done natively now? How should I do it?

If not, is there any good way one can copy everything manually without missing anything?

0 votes
Charlie Bay April 15, 2016

OK, thanks, guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. It isn't that big of a deal, but some of these spaces I'm dealing with have over 150 child pages. I get a little leery about some of these falling off or getting lost!

Regards,

Charlie

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2016

Hi Charlie, 

No there is no way to create a space and move pages into it in one go.  As Stephan mentioned there are some third party add-ons that can help with this, otherwise creating a space, and manually moving your parent page into it is the way to go. 

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Hi Charlie,

Try our Space Tree Creator Add-on. It provides the functionality, you are looking for.

Marketplace link: Space Tree Creator

Regards,

Stephan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events