Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see the Edit button

abidaliahmed March 8, 2021

I can't see the Edit button on any page .. note that I logged in as an admin and I have all privileges  

3 answers

0 votes

I solve it by making the space without any restrictions, I think it a bug because I am an admin and my account within the allowed accounts to edit and view but I can't do anything. 

0 votes
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @abidaliahmed 

At the top of the page, there's a lock icon (close to the page title). It may have some active restrictions which prevent you from editing the page. Or as Anvesh already explained, it may be the space permissions.

In case of page restrictions, someone with edit rights will have to update your permissions.

If you want, you can also go to space settings > permissions > restricted pages and see if that page is in the list and has active restrictions.

Kind regards

Jorden

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

PS: parent pages will push their restrictions to child pages, so you may want to check the parent for the actual restrictions.

Hi @Jorden Van Bogaert  

I have no restriction on the page, I have checked all the pages in confluence I have the same issue I can't see the Edit button at any page.

Thnx

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2021

Do you have an active (and valid) license still?

Yes still Valid till 2022

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2021

Hi @abidaliahmed ,

Please check the permissions. Edit Issue permission.

or

Project settings --> permissions --> permission helper,

Thanks,

Anvesh

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

Which permission exactly, I have checked space permissions and I have all privileges. 

Thanks,

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2021

Hi @abidaliahmed ,

Sorry for the wrong response. I thought it for Jira.

For confluence

Space Settings --> Permissions --> Pages (ADD) Permission is needed to add / edit page.

image.png

Please check.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Hi again @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

As I said I have all these permissions ,I did select all and saved it but still the same issue.

Many thanks 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events