Can't save pages

Ipsen Logistics January 24, 2018

We can't edit and save pages. We get an error equivalent to" Communication with the Server is not possible. Saving not possible at this time." 

2018-01-24 09_49_58-Clipboard.png

I would appreciate any help getting our Confuence working again.

Thank you,

Ryan

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ipsen Logistics January 26, 2018

Increasing the databases primary data group solved the Problem. 

Confluence Solution.png

0 votes
Answer accepted

Error Message in Confluence log:

Database could not be used because the file group' PRIMARY' is full. Storage space can be gained by deleting unnecessary files, deleting items in the file group, adding files to the file group, or setting automatic magnification for existing files in the file group.

Solution:

Configurating PRIMARY in MSQL Server Manager solved the issue.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Simon,

Thank you for letting me know you were able to find the error in the log and resolve your issue.

Are you running into any further issues at all?

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Hongsoog Kim August 6, 2018

If you use chrome,  clear cookies or other things in advanced setting of chrome setting.

In my case, it works.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Simon,

Could you let us know what version of Confluence you're running? Is this occurring with all pages in Confluence? 

Can you also verify that you are able to replicate the problem with all browsers, or only certain ones? If you disable all add-ons does it still occur?

Lastly, can you see any error messages in your Confluence Server logs that might explain the issue?

Regards,

Shannon

We are on Confluence 6.0.2

We only use IE 11 and had no issues for about one year. The Problem occurs after duplicating a lot of pages with a lot of macros in it.

It is possible to create new pages but we cannot save after editing existing pages.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 26, 2018

Thank you, Simon.

Any news on the remaining tests? Are you able to replicate with browsers other than IE 11? I understand that you don't use another one on a daily basis but it will help us to narrow down the extent of the issue.

I'd also need to see what errors are occurring in your logs, at the time, since the error you see in the UI is a bit vague. 

Please let me know also if it's a specific kind of macros that cause the issue, and about how many cause the issue, so we can replicate it.

One more thing - are you working behind a proxy or firewall? Could you test without the proxy and see if you have the same issue?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events