Can confluence be set to require a LABEL when creating a new confluence page from a template?

tony carter July 13, 2015

I have 30 departments that will use the same template except each one has a different LABEL.

Do I have to create 30 templates?

Or,

Can I create one template and require the user select from a list of labels when they create a new page?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

You can create a global template, then use the Create Page Macro on the home page of each department space or a parent page and automatically add the label(s) you want.

tony carter August 17, 2015

great - sounds good -0 thanks

Nick Worth April 26, 2017

From what I can see there is no way from the macro to setup a label automatically per macro. Instead you can only select the template which then already has a label(s) but in this scenario the goal is to use the same base template but across multiple departments.

2017-04-26_15-57-03.png

Unfortunately, it seems many of the cloud macros lack this ability or consideration for using the tool.

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

From what I know, only through a Blueprint, which is added as a custom add-on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events