Can anybody restore a Confluence build from a backup without entities.xml or exportDescriptor files?

Sonny Strandlund September 11, 2017

Oh if anybody can help me I'd be so grateful. I've had a local(server) Confleunce build now for a few years.

August 11th, we did an upgrade to the latest verison, 6.3.3 I believe. I went through all the backup steps, as per warned. 

That upgrade broke, and I could never get it back up and running correctly. 

I've since uninstalled Confluence and reinstalled, in hopes that I could do a new build from the restore point. No such luck.

The 2 files required to restor from are not contained in my backup and havent been in backups for quiet a while.

Anybody have any tips or a solution to get my team back up without starting from scratch?

Thanks so much

Sonny

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

You have database backups?

Sonny Strandlund September 11, 2017

I do yes.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

Forget the XML backup then. I'll follow along this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf51/restoring-data-from-other-backups-336169732.html

1. Unpack the Confluence install directory (via a ZIP or TAR.GZ, NOT THE BIN/EXE)
  2. Restore the home directory (this stores Plugins and Attachments)
  3. Point the Confluence install directory to your Restored Confluence Home directory (<CONFLUENCE_INSTALL>/confluence-init.properties)
  4. Point the Confluence home directory to a copy of your database (<CONFLUENCE_HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml)
  5. Start Confluence
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Sonny, on number 3, in case you cannot find the path to confluence-init.properties, please try the path: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes

Sonny Strandlund September 14, 2017

Thank you both so much. I was able to get a stable Version 5.9.4 up and running which was awesome.

Has to make some adjustments in the database for build differences but that wasn't a problem.

However.... I decided to try the upgrade to 6.4. BAD IDEA!!!!!

I can't get any pages to run other than the main dashboard. Looks like im heading back to Step 1 again.

Sonny Strandlund September 14, 2017

It seems that Tomcat running Confluence is acting up. Spiking CPU resources etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events