Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade an expired Server license to Data Center without getting a Server Trial license?

Calvert Quist March 10, 2021

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating from our old expired server license to a new Data Center license that we have already purchased. Old server is on 5.10.4 and I want to get to 7.4.5

In QA I did the following steps

1) Change expired Server license to Trial Server License.

2) Upgrade Confluence server from 5.10.4 to 7.4.5, which is allowed because I'm using the trial license.

3) Switch Trial Server license to new Data Center License

4) Everything worked

However now I'm going to upgrade production and there are no server trial licenses anymore. I'd like to follow the exact same steps I did in QA so as not to introduce more variables. If getting a new server trial license is no longer an options how should I proceed with the production upgrade?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi Calvert,

Try to create a ticket in https://support.atlassian.com and describe your situation. I think they will generate another trial license for you because you have purchased a Data Center :)

Pavel

Calvert Quist March 12, 2021

I contacted them and they did provide the trial license I needed to get upgraded in Production and back into support. Thanks.

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events