Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import Excel files into Confluence?

Mike P November 18, 2016

I simply want to import Excel files into Confluence creating tables. This would be like Google Sheet imports which are very easy to do. Attachments are not imports, they are attachments. Thanks

4 answers

6 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you just copy the cells from Excel and paste it into Confluence, does that not work? It's not import per-se.. But yeah, that should work.

mureinik September 17, 2018

Just tried this now - works like a charm (at least for the simple excel file I tried with no special formatting or formulas).

Like Enric Martinez likes this
Ankur Jain January 27, 2021

Copy & Paste an excel table doesn't work anymore.

I have tried a different workaround. I pasted that excel table into a MS Word document and then imported that word document into newly created Confluence page. I just had to format the table a little.

2 votes
Mike P November 18, 2016

You have to create the Confluence docs, figure out the Excel cell size, insert the Confluence table, paste, re-edit, fix fonts, etc... Right, this is not an Import. It's listed as a "Powerful editor" that can't even import files.

Being able to do limited or basic copy and pasting is far from Importing.

0 votes
Jane December 1, 2020

A macro like Polaris spreadsheet for Confluence might be an option to import a native excel file in conflience pages. 

Please see details with a link below, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ubm0DlnbVU&feature=youtu.be  

marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223556 

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

Hi Mike,

There is no native Excel import into Confluence.  I can't say for certain, but I suspect it's due to the potential complexity of dealing with things like functions, pivot tables and the like.  There are Confluence plugins that can help though - here is a list of the Excel plugins for Confluence on the Atlassian marketplace:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events