Can I have more than one file list index page in a space, and why aren't my file lists appearing as children of that page?

I have just started working with the file list blueprint in our test instance, and have noted two strange behaviors.

1. I'm setting up a space for a program, with several child "project" sections beneath it. The hierarchy looks like this:

• Home Page
    • Project Home Page
    • Project Technical Overview
    • Meeting Notes (blueprint index page)
      • Meeting Note 1
      • Meeting Note 2
    • Project Documents (File List blueprint index page)
      • Document List 1
      • Document List 2

This works fine if I have a single project. However, if I recreate the topic structure for another project, and add a Meeting Note or File List blueprint, it doesn't create a new index page for the project meeting notes or file list, but just adds a meeting note or file list content page. Is there a restriction on only being able to have to one Meeting Note or File list index page per space?

2. If I'm in an empty space and want to add a Meeting Note or File list from the templates, Confluence creates the index pages as expected, but the new meeting note or file ilst doesn't show up as a child of the index page, but as a stand-alone page.

1 answer

Phil,

For 1) the improvement has been logged by Atlassian: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29499 but it is still open

For 2) it could be linked to bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30495

Regards

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you